The VFA series tanks are primarily used for storing chemicals.
– They don’t have any drain or level indicator and the lid is ventless.
– These accessories are optional.
- Material: High density polyethylene (HDPE) with UV inhibitors
- Molded in one piece
- Freestanding with a flat bottom
- 16” locking strap lid, without vent (# LID16N)
- Specific gravity: 1.5 (12.5 lb / US Gallon) at 20 °C
- Translucent white
- Resin meets the FDA regulations
- Resin complies with the requirements of NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for potable water
- Maximum storage temperature of 120 °F / 49 °C
- Above ground use only
- Can’t be pressurized
- Product images are for information purposes only. Please check the product description and technical drawing
For specific applications, other options are also available on the VFA series tanks, like Cross-Link Polyethylene (XPEHD) material, specific gravity up to 2.2 or opaque colors (blue, yellow, white or black).
We can install additional connections and accessories on our tanks. For a specific installation that meets your needs such as bulkhead fittings, drains, vents, ball valves, flanges and HDPE welded couplings, please contact one of our advisors at 450-471-2772 Ext. 1.
The verticals closed top tanks of the VFA series are mainly used to store chemicals of all kinds. All the accessories that compose them are sold separately. Indeed, these tanks do not have any drain, it must be selected according to the liquid to contain and the equipment to connect, such as the type of drain, its material, its seal and its diameter. Depending on the tank model, the cover offered is either screwed or with a locking strap, but does not have any vent, so it must be added to be able to use the tank with the lid closed. The purpose of having the vent apart is mainly for the recovery of harmful chemicals emissions, in fact, the vent can be connected to piping, in order to eliminate them. The VFA tanks do not feature any moulded graduation, but a graduated sticker in litres and imperial gallons is available and can be installed if needed. The walls are translucent showing the level.
At all times, the tanks should be placed on a flat surface and as smooth as possible to avoid pressure points that could damage the base. The resin used for their production is high-density polyethylene (HDPE), an FDA-compliant material, and is treated with UV protection. They can be installed indoors or outdoors. These tanks are certified NSF / ANSI Standard 61 to contain potable water. Depending on the model, the tanks are designed to contain liquids up to 1.9 specific gravity. For specific applications, a range of tanks up to 2.2 specific gravity is available upon request, as a polyethylene cross-link (XPEHD) molding or an opaque color (blue, yellow, white or black).
The vertical tanks of the VFA series are mainly designed for the storage of chemicals, but if the dimensions are suitable for your needs, they can also serve as a reserve of drinking water, for rainwater recovery, for the storage of maple water or for the management of liquids of all kinds. In fact, they can be used for all food, industrial or commercial applications.
* All dimensions, specifications and capacities may vary slightly and are subject to change without notice.